The need for “greener” living is becoming increasingly more apparent in the contemporary world. Interior design and décor have a unique role to play in creating spaces that are more energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly. “Going green” was once a trend. Today it is a lifestyle – one that we as a company, fully embrace.
We Embrace Sustainability
We have dedicated time and resources to ensuring that our products meet international standards of both quality and sustainability. 80% of all material waste that is produced during the manufacturing of our blinds is recycled. Some of our suppliers also donate a percentage of all profits to community projects in support of skills development and job creation.
Consider These Key Statistics
- Sunlight on your windows accounts for up to 50% of the increase of heat in your space, which can increase the workload of your air-conditioning system as well as your energy use. Installing solar shades can reduce the indoor air temperature by as much as 6 degrees on a hot day.
- Artificial lighting accounts for up to 40% of electric energy consumption in the average office. High-performance day lighting systems can reduce energy consumption by up to 48%.
- Glare from direct sunlight can cause eye strain, tension and loss of visual function on electronic screens, which can cause considerable disruption in the working environment. SheerWeave fabrics can reduce glare by up to 70% – 100% depending on the variant chosen.
- Thermal comfort has an effect on the performance of office tasks. Too high or too low temperature deteriorates work performance. Choose from our range of shades to create your perfect working environment.
- The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) workplace guidelines recognize the debilitating effects of glare causing eye strain, tension, lower productivity, and loss of visual function on electronic screens. SheerWeave fabrics reduce glare from 70%- 100% based on colour and openness factor.
- Productivity increases have an impact on the 80% for salary and employee related costs. A productivity increase of 1% translates into 0.8% of the total operating expenses – more than the total cost for energy. A 1% increase in productivity would outweigh a 5% increase in initial building costs.
- Access to daylight, windows and views were shown to improve staff moods, lower absenteeism, improve mental function, memory recall and overall productivity.
Our shades are the perfect combination of comfort, convenience and aesthetics, allowing just enough but not too much light to optimise productivity, efficiency and happiness.
Get to Know Our Fabrics and Products
Our ShearWeave Fabrics for example, are manufactured using DOW ECOLIBRIUM bio based plasticizers, rather than fossil fuel based plasticizers. This ensures that this fabric does not allow for the growth of bacteria, mould and mildew. It also reduces the need for air-conditioning and is extremely durable and long-lasting, allowing you to invest in a product that will stand the test of time.
In addition, ask for the acoustic rating on our blinds to ensure noise reduction as well as aiding in a reduction in noise pollution.
We also supply energy-efficient products by Louvolite, which have been independently tested and proven to reduce home energy usage by as much as 15%. For example, our award-winning Perfect Fit® Blinds are designed in a way that changes the air flow around the blind and reduces thermal loss by up to 4% during colder months. This means better insulation, less energy expenditure and more savings in the long term.
All our fabrics and products have an ISO9001 rating, meaning that they have been deemed to be compliant with international quality-management standards. This rating also means that our products have demonstrated an ability to meet customer and statutory requirements, and that we aim to enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of our systems.
Ask us about how you can make your home or working environment greener and more conducive to your wellbeing in the long term.